I’m going to Alaska in two days. Have I started packing?! Nope! I’m hosting our Best of Alaska cruisetour and although I’m very excited, I just don’t like to think about packing. If you’re like me and always scrambling last minute on what to put in your suitcase, then you’re in luck this time around.
Below is a comprehensive list of items we think you should pack for your Alaska cruise vacation.
- passport (unless otherwise advised by your agent) Note: all travel documents must be valid for 6 months after your cruise.
- airplane tickets
- cruise tickets
- all documents you were directed to print (e.g. travel insurance)
Casual Clothes (pack for the weather)
- light jacket
- rain jacket or umbrella
- shorts and t-shirts
- bathing suit
- comfortable walking shoes
- gym clothes and shoes
- poolside/beach shoes
- shoes that can be easily slipped on and off
- cocktail dress or pantsuit for women
- suit for men and dress shirts and ties
- dress shoes
- jewelry and accessories
- dress shirts and ties
Miscellaneous Important Items
- prescription medication in original packaging
- prescription glasses /contacts
- camera and charger
- book / e-reader
- motion sickness band/medication, just in case!
- mp3 player / iPod player and charger
- cell phone and charger
- pack socks inside shoes
- pack valuables, medications and eyeglasses in your carry-on
- bring an additional empty bag for acquired extras
Should I include anything else on this list? Let me know. Send us a tweet on Twitter!