Princess Cruises has one of the best, if not the best, loyalty program in the industry. For example, if you’re a Elite member, you get 150 minutes of free internet and free laundry service as some of the perks.
The cruise line announced today that a new “Medallion” Level has been added, fitting between the Gold and Platinum levels. While this will now take you longer to reach Elite status, it does provide extra benefits that you wouldn’t have received at the Gold level. This takes effect on voyages beginning today onwards.
Here is what you would receive at each level. Well, I note the ones worth mentioning anyway. Others “benefits” are along the same lines as the Captain’s Circle Quarterly Magazine. For a full list, visit this link.
Gold – after your first cruise, you attain Gold status which gets you:
- Preferential pricing offers by mail or email.
- Access to members only onboard events.
Medallion – on your 4th to 5th cruise, or 31 to 50 cruise days.
- Includes all gold member benefits
- When you purchase the cruise line’s vacation protection, you are automatically upgraded for free to the Platinum protection.
- Your phone calls are routed to a Help Desk that can quickly answer any questions you may have.
- 10% of Reflections DVD, which is a DVD of behind the scenes information on the ship, the events onboard and various ports of call.
Platinum – from your 6th to 15th cruise, or 51 to 150 cruise days.
- Includes all Medallion benefits.
- Every year, a free copy of their Cruise Atlas brochure is sent to you.
- Preferred check-in which means you and your family and friends travelling with you are invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to expedite your embarkation.
- Platinum Disembarkation Lounge where you can enjoy light refreshments
- Free internet access. Minutes vary by length of sailing. 7 days or less receives 150 minutes, 8-20 days receives 250 minutes, and 21+ days receive 500 minutes.
Elite – from your 16th cruise on, or 151+ cruise days.
- Complimentary mini bar set up that consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water.
- Priority Disembarkation – choose which group time you’d like to disembark.
- Free shoe polishing service.
- Free laundry and professional cleaning service.
- Deluxe Canapés Selection.
- Afternoon Tea.
- Upgraded Bathroom Amenities.
- 10% Boutique discount.
- Complimentary Grapevine Wine Tasting.
Have you taken advantage of some of these benefits? If you’d like to go on a Princess Cruise, explore the itineraries here. Note, we have a free hotel offer in Seattle for any Princess cruises that start and end there. Call to speak with an Alaska Cruise Expert at 1-800-565-2784.