Holland America confirmed yesterday they’re keeping seven ships in Alaska in 2014. What caught my attention though was the 14-day roundtrip Seattle cruise sailing to two glaciers: Hubbard Glacier and Sawyer Glacier at Tracy Arm Fjord. Currently, the only other cruise line that offers two glacier visits is Princess Cruises.
Here’s a summary of the line’s 2014 Alaska cruise itineraries.
14-day Alaskan Explorer Voyages Roundtrip Seattle
Amsterdam, will sail four non-consecutive 14-day trips starting and ending in Seattle, calling at:
- Icy Strait Point
- Hubbard Glacier
- Tracy Arm Fjord (Sawyer Glacier)
7-day Alaskan Explorer Voyages Roundtrip Seattle
Westerdam and Amsterdam will sail roundtrip Seattle with ports-of-call:
- Victoria, British Columbia
- Tracy Arm Fjord (Sawyer Glacier) or Glacier Bay
7-day Inside Passage Voyages Roundtrip Vancouver
Five ships will set sail in Vancouver and end there: Oosterdam, Statendam, Volendam, Zaandam, and Zuiderdam. Ports-of-call include for all ships but Zaandam include:
- Glacier Bay
Instead of Glacier Bay, guests onboard Zaandam will sail to Sawyer Glacier at Tracy Arm Fjord.
7-day Glacier Discovery Voyages between Vancouver and Seward
Oosterdam and Statendam will sail northbound from Vancouver and ending in Seward (Anchorage) visiting:
- Glacier Bay
And did you know?
- On all cruises starting in Seattle, a ranger from the Klondike Gold Rush National Park is onboard to educate guests about the Klondike parks and other national parks located throughout the Inside Passage.
- On sailings visiting Glacier Bay, a park ranger and native interpreters from the Huna people come onboard to explain the origins of their tribe and cultural traditions.
Don’t forget about Holland America cruisetours — the only cruise line whose guests can experience up to three days at Denali National Park.
Want to learn more about Holland America cruises and cruisetours in Alaska? It doesn’t matter whether you’re interested in this year or next, our Alaska Cruise Specialists can answer all your questions. Call us at 1-800-565-2784.