Two weeks. That’s the standard vacation time allotted for Americans and Canadians. Not much time to do a long Alaska cruisetour so you can explore further in land. Factor in arriving the night before at the embarkation port and then taking a day to get back into the groove once you arrive home, that’s twelve days at least you’ll use of those precious two weeks.
If you really want to experience the Great Land beyond the shore towns, however, find yourself in a bind for time, then Holland America’s 9-night Alaska cruiseours are the best solutions. Next year, the cruise line offers seven of these itineraries. The best in my opinion is the 9-Night Northbound Kluane & Denali Alaska Cruisetour #Y6C because you’ll see more on land than the other eight.
- the Yukon RR Narrow Gauge Rail
- a visit to the sled dog camp
- sternwheeler Discovery Riverboat Cruise
- Gold Dredge No. 8, a huge machine that dug hole out of the hills until 1959.
- McKinley Explorer Glass-Domed Train
- Natural History Tour at Denali National Park
- 1 night in Whitehorse, Canada, the capital of Canada’s Yukon territory
- 1 night in Beaver Creek, Canada’s westernmost community, with a population of approximately 100 people
- 2 nights in Fairbanks
- 1 night in Denali
- 1 night in Anchorage
If you’re interested in this, contact a Cruise Specialist today at 1-800-565-2784 because for a limited, you’ll receive up to $200 shipboard credit per stateroom plus a $350 value onboard coupon book when you book this Alaska Cruisetour. Plus on select sailings receive free oceanview or verandah stateroom upgrades.
There’s more. If you are in a category BC or PS suite on select dates, you’ll also get a free 1-night post-cruise hotel stay in Anchorage.